Grand Rapids Michigan Divorce Attorney | Retirement Benefits Divorce Assets in Michigan
GRAND RAPIDS MICHIGAN DIVORCE ATTORNEY – RETIREMENT BENEFITS
When you are facing a divorce and have questions about your retirement benefits in the Grand Rapids area, it is important to have the representation of a good divorce attorney. Krupp Law Offices P.C. is located in Grand Rapids, Michigan and has been providing quality divorce representation for over 85 years. If you are facing a divorce and have questions about retirement benefits, call the divorce attorneys at Krupp Law Offices P.C. for a free phone consultation. During your phone consultation, our attorneys will provide you with immediate answers to your questions and schedule an appointment with one of our attorneys.
CALL FOR A FREE PHONE CONSULTATION AT 616-459-6636.
DIVORCE - RETIREMENT BENEFITS IN MICHIGAN
In Michigan, retirement benefits are considered a marital asset if they are accrued during the course of the marriage. The court even has the discretion to consider premarital retirement benefits as part of the marital estate to be divided, but it would be highly unlikely to do so. Retirement benefits would include profit sharing, defined benefit programs, IRA's, and any other benefits available on retirement. Retirement benefits are typically divided in two different ways. The Court can determine the current fair market value of the benefit and offset that benefit against another marital asset, such as equity in a home. Alternatively, the Court may order the pension divided by a Qualified Domestic Relations Order.
This order would split the retirement benefit and allow the recipient to maintain it in its current form until retirement age or cash out the benefit and pay the taxes and penalties on the award.
Determining whether retirement benefits are a marital asset to be divided can be complex. Any divorce involving retirement benefits can be serious. As such, a party to a divorce should consult with an experienced divorce lawyer to evaluate the situation.
GRAND RAPIDS DIVORCE ATTORNEYS
If you are facing a divorce, a good divorce attorney is not optional, it is a requirement! Our divorce attorneys can answer your questions with straight talk. Having the right divorce attorney on your side can relieve your stress during this difficult situation. Our attorneys have over 85 years of divorce experience. Our attorneys have extensive divorce trial experience including property settlements, spousal support, alimony, child custody, and other serious divorce related issues. Typical fees to retain attorney for a divorce case can range and from 1,500 dollars to as high as 5000 dollars.
Considering the seriousness of this life changing event, it is extremely important to retain the services of an experienced attorney in the area of divorce.
Krupp Law Offices P.C.is located in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan and has the right divorce attorney for you. We represent clients in all divorce matters throughout West Michigan, including the cities of Grand Rapids, Holland, and Grand Haven, and the counties of Kent, Ottawa, Allegan, Barry, Newaygo, Montcalm, Muskegon, and Ionia.
GRAND RAPIDS DIVORCE INFORMATION:
- DIVORCE V ANNULMENT - Comparing Divorce and Annulment Process in Michigan.
- DIVORCE PREPARATION - What to do before you file.
- SEPARATION - What happens if I separate and don't file for divorce?
- FAULT DIVORCE - What is the difference between fault and no fault divorce?
- PATERNITY - How do I establish paternity and start support and custody?
- DIVORCE AND BANKRUPTCY - How does one effect the other?
- DIVORCE AND POST JUDGMENT MOTIONS - How do I modify my divorce judgment?
- DIVORCE AND ALIMONY (SPOSUAL SUPPORT) - How is spousal support determined?
- DIVORCE AND SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS - Is Social Security a marital asset?
- DIVORCE PROCESS - What is the divorce process?
- UNCONTESTED DIVORCE - What is an uncontested divorce compared with a contested divorce?
- DIVORCE AND RETIREMENT BENEFITS - What happens to retirement benefits?
- DIVORCE PROPERTY SETTLEMENT - How do we split up our assets and debts?
- DIVORCE MEDIATION - What is divorce mediation? How does it work?
- DIVORCE ARBITRATION - What is arbitration compared with mediation?
- DIVORCE AND MEDICAL DEGREES - How does a medical degree get divided in a divorce?
- DIVORCE AND BUSINESS INTERESTS - How do we divide a business?
- DIVORCE - PRENUPTIAL AGREEMENTS
- DIVORCE WAITING PERIOD - Is there a waiting period to get a divorce?
- DIVORCE AND PARENTING TIME - How is parenting time determined?
- MILITARY DIVORCE - How do I get a divorce if me or my spouse are in the military?
- DIVORCE AND RESTRAINING ORDERS - How do I get a Restraining Order?
- DIVORCE AND CHILD CUSTODY - How does the court determine custody?
- DIVORCE AND CHANGE IN DOMICILE - Do I need the courts permission to move?
- DIVPRCE - ISLAMIC
Christian KruppCEO & Founder
Christian G Krupp II was born and raised in Grand Rapids, Michigan.Chris attended Michigan State University and graduated in 1988.He attended Thomas M. Cooley Law School where he was a member of law review and one of the few students that had his law review article published.Christian Krupp graduated from law school with honors in the top ten percent of his class.His legal career started and Dykema Gossett, Michigan’s largest law firm.While at Dykema, he was involved in a diverse practice groups including the corporate, finance, and legislative areas.
George KruppCreative Director
George Krupp was born in Grand Rapids, Michigan.He was admitted to practice law in 1961 and started practice in Grand Rapids, Michigan in 1962 in the Kent County Prosecutor’s Office.After years of success in the Kent County Prosecutor’s Office in Grand Rapids, Michigan, George Krupp left for private practice where he has worked for over fifty years.Over his fifty years of experience he has represented thousands of clients in civil and criminal cases.