GRAND RAPIDS MICHIGAN CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY - ROBBERY
When you are facing serious criminal charges such as robbery or car jacking in the Grand Rapids area, it is important to have the representation of a good criminal defense lawyer. Krupp Law Offices P.C. has been providing quality criminal defense for over 85 years. If you are facing criminal charges or are being investigated for robbery or car jacking, call the criminal defense attorneys at Krupp Law Offices P.C. for a free phone consultation. During your phone consultation, our attorneys will provide you with immediate answers to your questions and schedule an appointment with one of our criminal defense attorneys. Call Krupp Law Offices at 616-459-6636.
ROBBERY | CAR JACKING MCLA 750.529
MCLA 750.529 Use or possession of dangerous weapon; aggravated assault; penalty.
A person who engages in conduct proscribed under section 530 and who in the course of engaging in that conduct, possesses a dangerous weapon or an article used or fashioned in a manner to lead any person present to reasonably believe the article is a dangerous weapon, or who represents orally or otherwise that he or she is in possession of a dangerous weapon, is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for life or for any term of years. If an aggravated assault or serious injury is inflicted by any person while violating this section, the person shall be sentenced to a minimum term of imprisonment of not less than 2 years.
MCLA 750.529a Carjacking; felony; penalty; “in the course of committing a larceny of a motor vehicle” defined; consecutive sentence.
(1) A person who in the course of committing a larceny of a motor vehicle uses force or violence or the threat of force or violence, or who puts in fear any operator, passenger, or person in lawful possession of the motor vehicle, or any person lawfully attempting to recover the motor vehicle, is guilty of carjacking, a felony punishable by imprisonment for life or for any term of years.
(2) As used in this section, “in the course of committing a larceny of a motor vehicle” includes acts that occur in an attempt to commit the larceny, or during commission of the larceny, or in flight or attempted flight after the commission of the larceny, or in an attempt to retain possession of the motor vehicle.
(3) A sentence imposed for a violation of this section may be imposed to run consecutively to any other sentence imposed for a conviction that arises out of the same transaction.
MCLA 750.530 Larceny of money or other property; felony; penalty; “in the course of committing a larceny” defined.
(1) A person who, in the course of committing a larceny of any money or other property that may be the subject of larceny, uses force or violence against any person who is present, or who assaults or puts the person in fear, is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 15 years.
(2) As used in this section, “in the course of committing a larceny” includes acts that occur in an attempt to commit the larceny, or during commission of the larceny, or in flight or attempted flight after the commission of the larceny, or in an attempt to retain possession of the property.
MCLA 750.531 Bank, safe and vault robbery.
Bank, safe and vault robbery—Any person who, with intent to commit the crime of larceny, or any felony, shall confine, maim, injure or wound, or attempt, or threaten to confine, kill, maim, injure or wound, or shall put in fear any person for the purpose of stealing from any building, bank, safe or other depository of money, bond or other valuables, or shall by intimidation, fear or threats compel, or attempt to compel any person to disclose or surrender the means of opening any building, bank, safe, vault or other depository of money, bonds, or other valuables, or shall attempt to break, burn, blow up or otherwise injure or destroy any safe, vault or other depository of money, bonds or other valuables in any building or place, shall, whether he succeeds or fails in the perpetration of such larceny or felony, be guilty of a felony, punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for life or any term of years.
GRAND RAPIDS ROBBERY DEFENSE ATTORNEY
If you are facing a felony or a misdemeanor, a good robbery defense attorney is not optional, it is a requirement! Our criminal defense attorneys can answer your questions with straight talk. Having the right criminal defense attorney on your side can relieve your stress during this difficult situation. Our criminal defense attorneys have over 85 years of criminal defense experience. George Krupp is a former Kent County assistant prosecutor and current criminal defense attorney. Christian Krupp is a former Jackson County assistant prosecutor and current criminal defense attorney. Between the two criminal defense attorneys, they can provide you with excellent criminal defense representation. Both attorneys have extensive criminal defense trial experience including robbery, car jacking, and other serious crimes.
Krupp Law Offices P.C. is located in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan and has the right criminal defense attorney for you. We represent clients in all criminal matters throughout West Michigan, including the cities of Grand Rapids, Holland, and Grand Haven, and the counties of Kent, Ottawa, Allegan, Barry, Newaygo, Montcalm, Muskegon, and Ionia.
Our office can help.
KRUPP LAW OFFICES P.C.
161 Ottawa NW Suite 201
Grand Rapids MI 49503